The Assembly House Arts Prize 2018 is a new award for emerging artists in Norwich and Norfolk.
Offered to an outstanding Norfolk-based candidate, the winner will receive a bursary of £4000, access to a Norwich studio space and an exhibition at The Assembly House.
For the inaugural year The Assembly House Trust are working in partnership with Print to the People, who will be offering the winning candidate free access to their high-quality printmaking studio in central Norwich.
The entry form will be available on this page from Tuesday 6th February.
Create a new body of artwork inspired by Norwich and Norfolk, to be exhibited at The Assembly House.
- £4000 Cash Bursary
- Studio Time, Materials and Mentoring from Print to the People (Worth £1000)
- Six-Week Exhibition at The Assembly House
- Inclusion in the Norwich Print Fair
The winning candidate will be chosen by three judges, representing The Assembly House Trust, Print to the People and Norwich Print Fair.
- 6th February 2018 – Entries Open
- 15th February 2018 – Entries Closed
- 2nd March – Email notifications to all entries
- 9th March 2018 – Winner Announced
- 6th July 2018 – Exhibition Opens
- 28th September – Exhibition Ends
- Entry to the prize is free of charge
- The artist retains rights to all artwork produced.
- Prize is to be paid by bank transfer in two installments, 75% at the beginning of the project (and 25% once the exhibition has been delivered. Prize is subject to contract.
- Artwork sold at The Assembly House exhibition is subject to 42% Commission and is subject to terms and conditions.
- Use of Print to the People studios is subject to their own terms and conditions.
- Inclusion in the Norwich Print Fair is subject to their own terms and conditions.
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Norwich / Norfolk Based
- Demonstrate an adequate level of basic printmaking skill
- Suitable for exhibition at The Assembly House
- Suitable for inclusion in the Print Fair
- Demonstrate ability to deliver an exhibition of 10-15 prints
Entry Form Guidance
- Artist CV – A short summary of your artistic work, training or exhibitions.
- Exhibition Proposal – A short summary of your ideas for a new body of work.
- Link to images – Please provide a link to three of four images of your work. Sites such as Dropbox or Google Drive are recommended. If your website has mulitple images, please specify in your proposal.